Ablaye and Daba

Ablaye and Daba

Friday, August 28, 2009

hurt yet again

Just wanted to give a quick recap of the past week.

Today my host father was gone all day. He left early in the morning and the family knew he wouldnt be back until late afternoon. Around 11 am i noticed that my mothers were cooking up a pretty decent sized lunch. Dont forget that it is Ramadan and people are supposed to be fasting. Around 1 PM i was called to the bowl to eat lunch. The whole family came to eat and i didnt say anything about fasting but i was wondering what was going on. Anyway, halfway through we hear a car stop out front and the host father coming in. Both mothers took the food and ran! They hid it in their rooms so the host father wouldnt know they weren't fasting.... oh, Senegal!

So a few days ago i went out for my eveing jog. I go jogging every day on the same road and pass the same people. This particular day i decided to stay on the main road since it had rained a lot and was quite muddy. I was sprinting home and with about 1/2 mile to go,i tripped, lost my balance and went skidding across the pavement. And when i say skid, i mean SKID. I tore the skin on both of my palms, both knees, have big skid marks going up my calves and stomach. I dont know what has happened to me since coming here but i am a total clutz and prone to illness and accidents. None of my injuries are healing quite yet and when i stand up and blood run hrough my legs, my calves feel like they are being run over by a car. It sucks to say the least. When people see me they say "OMG What Happened to you?" and i have nothing better to say besides i fell down. Then they always ask "Oh, you mean you fell off your bike?".... No, no... no bike involved. Then they laugh at how much of a loser i am just just fall down...

At this point i just sit bac and laugh because its always something...