Ablaye and Daba

Ablaye and Daba

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Swear-In

As of yesterday, iI am an official Peace Corps volunteer. We had swear in yesterday in Dakar at the Smerican Embassador's house.. it was fun actually. After we had the BEST food ever for lunch and then wet to the American club and had a pool party. We had a big reception in Thies lst night for our host families. It finished and then we ad a rather looong after-party that went well into the night.. all-in-all...great day. Tomorrow i will be leaving Thies a 6 am (not my choice to be leaving so early) and heading to Kaolack for two days. I am moving into my permanent village on Tuesday. I am hoping to settle in and start learning more Sereer with a tutor asap. I dont really know what to expect with my new host family so maybe i will have some interesteing stories in about a week... more soon!