Ablaye and Daba

Ablaye and Daba

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Im finally teaching

Many things have happened this week. I went to the high school in Sokone and have decided to start an English club. I will be working with another volunteer and we are planning to have Enlgish classes with willing students after school and on weekends. I am excited about it because i will actually be doing something i like and something i know how to do....unlike gardening. I am waiting to hear back from the principal. The other volunteer also wants to help out with lqndscqping the school. I am down to help out with that too... the school is very nice but really needs plants and trees. The principal said we could write out a budget and they would be able to get the money for us. Things like that rarely happen here so i think it might be a miracle if it actually happens. Im keeping my fingers crossed. Also, i am getting a wolof tutor. I decided to cool it on the french lessons and dive into wolof. My french is good enough to get around and many villagers dont speak french anyway. I have more training in Feb and after that i plan to start in on the Wolof.
Oh i almost forgot..... after i got back fo*rom Christmas vacation, i noticed my dad was not around much. I kept asking around to find out where he was but evryone kept saying... he will be back later. Come to find out, he snuck off and got married AGAIN. I now have three moms. My new mother is 21 years old. My dad has a son that is 27.... im not going to tell you how old my dad is because basically i have no clue but i think you get the point. My new mom is not living with us yet but she will be moving in soon is what i was told. I think things will get interesting when she gets here because one of myother mothers is not very happy about this new wife and she is very open about it. Hopefully, things work out pecefully.
I have a big regional meeting next weekend with all fo the volunteers in my area. I am hoping that i will be able to get involved with some cool activities. I am planning to start helping out with some girls camps soon. Im not really sure what my roll will be with all of that but i will let you know when i find out!